Does your child commonly wake with a soggy bed in the morning, even though he or she has been potty trained for quite some time?
Has your pediatrician offered your child electronic moisture alarms, DDAVP to boost anit-diuretic hormone (which has a side effect of seizures), anticholinergic drugs like Ditropan or Levsin (which may cause dry mouth and facial flushing), or antidepressants like Tofranil (which may cause mood issues, sleep problems, or death)? The information in this paragraph is from the Mayo Clinic website.
Are you looking for some less scary options?
Here are 5 Natural Ways to Address Bed-Wetting:
1. Reduce sugar. Reduce or eliminate your child's intake of sugary drinks (including 100% juice and milk), especially after 4:00 PM.
2. Reduce family stress. Children can feel and internalize their parent’s tension and stress. Find ways to manage family stress like acupuncture, couples or family counseling, or meditation. Turn off the TV and video games – especially if your child can see or hear programming that is geared to an older audience.
3. Provide familiarity when away from home. If the bed-wetting only occurs when your child is away from home, bring bedding that has been washed at home so the bed smells familiar.
4. Make sure your child is getting enough rest.
5. Acupuncture! There are many causes of bed-wetting that acupuncture addresses. See if acupuncture is right for your child. Call (619) 630-0802 to make an appointment for your child to have an acupuncture examination.
Would you like to find out more about bed-wetting and what you can do to help your child? You are invited to my free talk:
Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
Location: Central Library (The study room location will depend on the number of RSVPs.)
330 Park Blvd. San Diego, CA 92101
Space is limited - RSVP on my website or call (619) 630-0802 by 03/26/14 to reserve your spot.
Are you coming to this blog a little late, but would like to hear my Bed-Wetting talk? You can arrange for me to speak to your group through my website. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and fill in the form.